This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Windows 7 Homegroup problems

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

One fix would be to dump Homegroup and go back to the tried and true WORKGROUP. Also, Microsoft Security Essentials works with Windows 7 64 bit as well as 32 bit, I've been running it since I installed Win 7 Pro X64.
That's awesome.. THanks for the plug for Avast. It is my preferred anti-virus product and I didn't know they had a new version out. I'm going to check it out. One of the most annoying things with the other version is the required registration process to get an activation code. It is very difficult for my clients when I install it on their machines. Even with a detailed instruction sheet far too many have trouble with it, or, are absolutely lost when the one year mark rolls around. Do you know if this version still requires the activation?
Yeah, unfortunately you do still need to register and activate this version. I must say though that it seemed to be a very intuitive process and it was done within a minute or two, although that could be partly down to the new interface. On the summary tab you'll get presented with a bar indicating how long you have left to register, with a button to the right of it. All you have to do is click "register" and enter your details and I think that's all it takes. The only thing is that the button isn't exactly in your face, which means it could be easily overlooked.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI