This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Unable to connect - via WiFi

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello! First, im using -PLANET USB WLAN Stick WL-U356L. - The router which is causing my headache is ThomsonST780 - SpeedTouch. - OS is Windows 7 32bit So here goes the problem - I connect normally to the router with my wifi stick - its around 50-60% signal. Im on internet - everything's fine. But suddenly it just: 1. Disconnects me. 2. Says - No Internet Access (I cant go to internet nor access the router configuration) - basically disconnected. I try to connect again and then it says "Unable to connect" For absolutely no reason. It keeps saying unable to connect for 5 mins - 10 mins - 20 mins - 30minutes. Completely random! And then suddenly I can connect again. What I noted is that - When I survey via Win7 default connection panel - after my problem occured - after it says unable to connect the router disappears for lets say 5-10 secs and then i can see it again but same problem - cant connect for random time. What I tried so far is: Updating my Windows Tried it on XP via WiFi - same it wont connect (just on XP it says that connection is no longer in range) Changed the channel on which router works Tried connecting with my integrated wifi card in laptop - same thing. Please guys its very important for me to fix this so if you could help me! Thanks :angry:
The wireless router is the problem or significant interference in the house from other wireless devices. These are the things to check: 1) Make sure the wireless router is not stacked on top of or below other electronics and overheating. 2) Make sure it is not sitting next to any other wireless devices such as cordless phone base unit. 3) Try updating the wireless router firmware obtained from the manufacturer's support site. 4) Try changing your wireless channel at least 5 channel numbers away. (ie. 1 to 6, 6 to 11, 11 to 1, etc.) 5) Replace the wireless router.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI