nojokeve
Topic Starter
Hello WTTers!
This post is in relation to a Sony Vaio PCG-61315L
Windows 7
My son arrived home from an outing to discover that somehow his laptop screen was damaged. He had it in his backpack on the floor, and he's not sure how it was damaged.
When he turned it on, the screen was basically white but cracked pretty bad along the right side. I ordered a new screen from Ebay, and just to be sure I recalled things correctly, I watched a YouTube video on the installation.
The screen arrived about 3 hours ago. It took me all of 5 minutes to remove the old screen. I turned it on to test it BEFORE screwing it in, and I found shadows! They look like stage lights along the bottom of the screen. There is also a light spot in the top right hand corner of the screen. I checked the old screen and noted how it was taped with the black tape and padding, and I put that on the new screen but it made no difference.
I finished installing the screen (in the event that maybe it needed to be completely installed for some reason to eliminate the issue) and the problem is still there.
I have taken pictures.
He was using the laptop while waiting on the screen to arrive by connecting it to the lcd tv via HDMI cord and it worked fine, so I don't think it's video card issues.
Any ideas? I've already contacted the Ebay seller to see if I can return it for an exchange, but I'll feel really bad if it's not the screen.
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]
This post is in relation to a Sony Vaio PCG-61315L
Windows 7
My son arrived home from an outing to discover that somehow his laptop screen was damaged. He had it in his backpack on the floor, and he's not sure how it was damaged.
When he turned it on, the screen was basically white but cracked pretty bad along the right side. I ordered a new screen from Ebay, and just to be sure I recalled things correctly, I watched a YouTube video on the installation.
The screen arrived about 3 hours ago. It took me all of 5 minutes to remove the old screen. I turned it on to test it BEFORE screwing it in, and I found shadows! They look like stage lights along the bottom of the screen. There is also a light spot in the top right hand corner of the screen. I checked the old screen and noted how it was taped with the black tape and padding, and I put that on the new screen but it made no difference.
I finished installing the screen (in the event that maybe it needed to be completely installed for some reason to eliminate the issue) and the problem is still there.
I have taken pictures.
He was using the laptop while waiting on the screen to arrive by connecting it to the lcd tv via HDMI cord and it worked fine, so I don't think it's video card issues.
Any ideas? I've already contacted the Ebay seller to see if I can return it for an exchange, but I'll feel really bad if it's not the screen.
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]