This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Blue screen of death

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Today, when I booted up my laptop and logged in all seemed peaceful and normal. It does it's normal start up processes and all seems fine. Then all the sudden a blue screen pops up saying windows has encountered an error and has shut down your computer to not cause harm (or something like that). So I tried 3 or 4 more times and then It kept happening so I booted into safe mode. Well it was loading up its drivers fine and then all the sudden my computer just turns off. So I have no idea if this is malware, a registry error, or something of the like, but I really need to fix this, and any help is appreciated… Thank you. Oh, and I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this kind of thread, so I apologize. P.S. I'm writing this on a different computer because I don't have time too without my other one shutting off. Edit: I tried noting the error number: STOP: 0x0000007f (0x00000008, 0x80303130, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) Hope it helps^
Have you tried scanning from malware? Did you try a system restore to an earlier point? Do you remember installing any software recently since it has occured?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI