aninsclone
Topic Starter
I'm still uncertain whether this problem stems from the Sasser worm or from a registry error or some other possible malfunction in my OS. However, symptoms are as follows:
Computer fails to recognize any form of external input (i.e., USB drives, Internet connection, CDs, etc.)
Processes limited to:
explorer.exe
aswUpdSv.exe
lsass.exe [I'm uncertain if this is 'L'sass or 'I'sass]
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
System
System Idle Process
Unable to copy/paste or drag and drop any icon to any other location
Services in MSONFIG are all stopped with the exception of "avast! iAVS4 Control Service." and I am unable to run them, regardless of enabling and rebooting
Denied access to disabling "Remote Procdure Call (RPC) Locator" and "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" services in MSCONFIG
Incredibly slow boot-up.
If at all possible, I'd like to avoid simply reformatting the hard drive, as there are hundreds of pictures and thousands of music files saved that are very valuable to my whole family.
Computer fails to recognize any form of external input (i.e., USB drives, Internet connection, CDs, etc.)
Processes limited to:
explorer.exe
aswUpdSv.exe
lsass.exe [I'm uncertain if this is 'L'sass or 'I'sass]
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
System
System Idle Process
Unable to copy/paste or drag and drop any icon to any other location
Services in MSONFIG are all stopped with the exception of "avast! iAVS4 Control Service." and I am unable to run them, regardless of enabling and rebooting
Denied access to disabling "Remote Procdure Call (RPC) Locator" and "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" services in MSCONFIG
Incredibly slow boot-up.
If at all possible, I'd like to avoid simply reformatting the hard drive, as there are hundreds of pictures and thousands of music files saved that are very valuable to my whole family.