Hello,
I was just wondering what is the best/good Disk Defragmenter? And I will pay if it isn't much… Some people claim that Diskeeper is the best and some people claim that PerfectDisk is the best so and some people claim that UltimateDefrag is the best, I what to know which is the better one… Or if a defrager that I haven't got listed is better. Thx :-)
I personally like Diskeeper, so it's the best for me
I recently upgraded to version 2010 Professional and I find it to be excellent; still has all the good stuff from the earlier release - low space defrag, VSS support, system files defrag, simultaneous drive defrag and ofcourse automatic background defrag, The new feature in Diskeeper 2010 is called Intelliwrite; it prevents quite a bit of the fragmentation (at file write) from happening in the first place, so future defragging requirements are much reduced. No other defragger has this AFAIK.
There are evaluation versions available at their website, so you can use it for upto a month; I tried it for more than a week and then upgraded.
I don't understand why anyone pays for defrag software? The one that comes with XP/Vista/Win 7 works well enough. If you have to have something else, there are free ones available that also work well enough.
Disk defrag is primarily a feel good operation anyway. Doesn't make much difference to the Operating System but makes the user feel good
If you don't believe this, try checking it for yourself. Time the boot process for instance, from when you press the power on button until the desktop appears before and after a defrag. You will not see any noticeable difference.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Another vote from me for Diskeeper. I went in for a commercial defragger after I switched to Vista. I use the older version and have no complaints. Have heard good things about the latest version too.
Another vote from me for Diskeeper. I went in for a commercial defragger after I switched to Vista. I use the older version and have no complaints. Have heard good things about the latest version too.
Thx for your input forest :-)
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI