This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Wireless intermittent connection

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am using a d-link D1-624 wireless router with winxp. On some occassions it will not connect on other times its ok, then it connects and 5 minutes later disconnects…nightmare. I have tried the repair option and it sometimes works but not all the time. I am not familiar with all the connections etc for router etc as someone else set it up. I possibly just need an update for drivers as it is a few years old. Having gone onto the site I am a bit unsure what I should be looking for as there seems to be various permutations, so any help with this would be appreciated. Also any help with settings if that could be an issue as it is all double dutch to me. I did try google but was way too technical. thank you
Hi scudo. Try bypassing the router and connect directly to the broadband modem. If the problem no longer occurs then I would suggest a new router.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI