This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

strange ip address connecting to computer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. I noticed a while ago that when I first connect to the internet that my internet connection lights up. I checked it on my firewall and it seems to be the same IP address each time "[removed]" connecting through port 80. I tracked this IP address using ip-adress.com and it turns out to be somewhere in Texas. I am not located anywhere near America so I have no idea why this IP is connecting to my computer. I would be grateful for any help, thanks.
Hi. Thanks for the post. When you say ns1.inputsafe.com is associated with McAfee Security Suite does that mean only McAfee Security Suite because I do not have any McAfee products installed. I have reinstalled windows since I last had any McAfee products installed. Bing live search is the search engine that my internet explorer is currently using. Could it have anything to do with it, mayby it's checking up with McAfee site advisor?
I don't have siteadvisor installed but I guess that something else on the computer may use it. Like Bing as I mentioned. Do you think that would make sense? To confuse matters when I connected today IE connected quickly to a different IP address, this time it was a microsoft IP address rather than the one mentioned above and I don't have automatic updates on. On the bright side they don't seem to be malicious sites.
My home page is set to blank so I don't think that is the problem and it was only the one time that IE connected to the Microsoft IP address. Today and most days at the very first connection to the internet my firewall detects a brief connection to the IP address posted above "[removed]". Also it does say that it is IE that is connecting. It does not actually load up a web page only the firewall detects anything. IE loads by default when I connect to the net. I might change my search provider from bing to something else and see what happens.
Changing the default search provider from bing to google did not change anything, but as the site does not seem to be malicious and it is not causing any problems I will just leave it for now. Thanks.
Thanks for that. Is Keyscrambler phoning home for legitimate purposes or are there security/privacy issues that I should be worried about. The program was recomended by a trustworthy site.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI