This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Web pages in text only

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm now pretty sure it's a problem with Java. I have tried to re-install Java to no avail. I can see that I get a java script: void(0) when I try to use google maps. I have also tried to load while having Norton 360 Smart Firewall and Anti-virus Auto-protect disabled. Didn't work either. Regards, Roligan
A bit more information. I have also tried to unplug the router and reset it. We have a total of 5 computers we use. We have had them for a long time. Two PCs are connected with an ethernet cable and 3 are connected via wi-fi. There's no network. It seems to have spread somehow. On my PC (wi-fi) it started two days ago. Then yesterday it started on another wi-fi connected laptop. Today the other three machines have the same problem. Again, the all work off the same router but the are not networked so I don't understand how it could have spread if it's a virus.
Just a bit more information. This morning Facebook started to work again and show itself properly but twitter and google is still a problem.
I've seen this periodically on certain websites. Usually, I click refresh and it is fine so I have never investigated why. I can only assume it is a small mishap in the internet service or with the web server hosting the website. In your case, its not a virus, it happens to all PCs, so it is clearly an issue with your internet service provider, the specific website you are trying to access, or your cable/dsl modem or router. Because it is an ongoing problem I would have to say it is your router, or cable/dsl modem. But, it could be that you are having problems on your internet connection that the ISP has to resolve.
We have already spoken to our ISP and they just tested our connection to make sure we had good speed which we have. They say it's a problem at our end and nothing to do with them. What to do now?
Hi, to try and narrow down the problem you could try this: 1 Take one of your affected laptops to a chum's house and plug it into their router and see if the problem persists or if the different router works without problems. 2 Ask one of your chum's to bring their computer over to your house and plug it into your router…… Doing the above could save you a lot of time Regards paws
Temporarily remove your router from the scenario. Connect one of the offending machines directly to the internet via Ethernet to your cable/dsl modem. Does the problem still exist for that machine? If not, then have another look at setting up your Router freshly.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI