Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Blank emails. No sender. No subject.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dave H

Dave H

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:34 PM

I have been getting them all week and I am concerned someone is trying to send me a virus. Any idea what I can do to stop them? Thanks, Dave

Edited by Dave H, 03 November 2005 - 05:18 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 fbelzile

fbelzile

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing and learning about computers, bike riding around town with my friends and I am currently playing badminton for my highschool.

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:16 PM

Hi, I think you would do good reading this:

http://www.webmaster...orum10/9351.htm

These e-mails are "spammers in training." ; even if the e-mail has no header.
Either that, or your getting HTML emails and your E-mail program is expecting plain text. (Although it should still give you the HTML code, hmmm...) Look around for some settings along those lines.

If the e-mail has no attachments, and in paticullar, no body, just ignore it. There is no virus.

I Hope I've answered your question.

#3 Dave H

Dave H

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

Thanks. The link you sent is a pay site only. Would you happen to have the text of it? Thanks again. Dave

#4 Dave H

Dave H

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:30 PM

What does this mean: "Sending client does not conform to RFC822 minimum requirements" I opened the properties and that is one of the messages when I look for a source.

#5 fbelzile

fbelzile

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing and learning about computers, bike riding around town with my friends and I am currently playing badminton for my highschool.

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:53 PM

Paid site... Are you sure? I never signed up for that website and I get it.
The bottom line is that it's spam but it's not a virus.

"Sending client does not conform to RFC822 minimum requirements"

This means that the sending client (probably poorly written spam software) doesn't conform the RFC822 requirements.
In english, it means that the e-mail dosen't follow the syntax (or header "rules") of standard internet email messages.
I think what your e-mail client is doing is giving up in opening the e-mail because it can't find information on how to display it.

It is spam anyways, so don't try to waste your time trying to open it :P

What you can do to block it is install a free spam blocker or set rules in your e-mail client to delete e-mails with no body. (If that is at all possible)

Good Luck and don't feel bad to ask anymore questions :) I'm always here to help.

Edited by fbelzile, 03 November 2005 - 07:54 PM.

#6 Dave H

Dave H

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:30 AM

Thank you very much! :)

#7 fbelzile

fbelzile

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:07 PM

No problem, glad to have helped :) Have a nice day!