Cromagnet
Topic Starter
Hi there! You guys helped me a while back with a nasty adware/malware thing
I wasn't sure where to go for this newest issue so I wanted to try here if it's ok with you all.
I have noticed that I get suspiciously similar spam emails to emails that I have responded to with friend and co-workers etc. I use outlook to get all my mail from my own hosted domains and from hotmail and gmail.
Here's an example of what I'm talking about;
I got an email from a friend named Bart at [removed]
I responded with Hey!! Bart great to here that blah blah blahh. etc etc.
He responded in kind with a reply
And then an while later I git a spam wit BART in the from and some similar content to my emails in the subject line. It happens too often and I think my laptop is infected with something but my McAfee and Spyware Doctor don't find anything.
Any ideas??
Thanks for reading, much appreciated! 