This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Possible virus help

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I ran a couple of programs, AVG, hijackthis, Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, & Spybot. I attached my hijackthis log. Nothing came up in AVG. But in SuperAntiSpyware theres 2 quarantined items: Adware.IWinGames & Rootkit.Agent/Gen-KBI I'm having problems with signing onto AIM (connection error), and signing onto anything on the internet (firefox), (gmail, facebook, twitter, etc.) It gives me a untrusted connection error & I've always been constantly getting these errors on firefox as well: www.google.com uses an invalid security certificate . The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate has expired. The certificate will not be valid until 3/27/2009 5:20 PM. (Error code: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate) Another problem in firefox is that my history doesn't show under the history tab, only when the view all history window is opened. Also, in the view all history window there is nothing b/c I deleted it, yet when I type an address into the address bar it has a long dropdown list from my previous history. But that doesn't make sense if I deleted all my history. ^ sorry if that didn't make any sense. Hard to explain :X Also, in programs & features in control panel, some of the installed on dates of programs changed to 10/26/2000, yet I didn't even own this computer then. I think this caused all the programs that had the dates changed to turn orange in my start -> all programs. I tried to run DDS (didn't give me any notepad thing upon finishing the scan) & Rootrepeal is giving me an error… so I can't post those logs. So if someone can fix my problem, thanks :)
Hi, It seems your clock is turned back to year 2000 which explains certification related warnings etc. Did you turn datetime settings back to year 2000 by yourself? How old is your computer?
It changed itself somehow, maybe from the virus? It was either when I downloaded something and it changed itself right after, or due to when i uninstalled Interlok x32 driver setup (I didn't know what it was & I found it on my computer so I uninstalled it). My computer is only 3-4 years old. But does this mean that it was just some time error on my computer, or a virus caused it?
Hi, Please set the datetime to correct one and see if it stays ok after reboot. Then have the system shut down for little longer (a few hours) and see if datetime is still ok. If bios battery is faulty that may cause datetime getting resetted.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI