This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Need Help with my computer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The problem that I am having is that I am unable to log into certain sites that I have been going to on a daily basis for over 2 years now. Firefox is the browser that I have been using to do my surfing. I surf a lot of traffic exchanges and there are a bunch that I can no longer get into. I have been trying to get help but no one seems to know what the problem is. If you can help me I would appreciate it.Here are the results that came from the scan of my computer in safe mode as the directions instructed.——————————————————-AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report——————————————————— + Created at: 5:24:15 PM 12/14/2007 + Scan result: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\secure.exe -> Adware.DealHelper : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} -> Adware.Generic : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\CmdMapping\\{c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} -> Adware.Generic : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).HKU\S-1-5-21-428101983-1940341295-1328503122-1004\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\CmdMapping\\{c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} -> Adware.Generic : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).C:\windows\bundles\runsearch.exe -> Adware.MegaSearch : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\ins -> Adware.WebRebates : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\AUI -> Adware.WebSearch : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).:mozilla.9:C:\Documents and Settings\Test\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\z5e7q13t.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned.C:\Program Files\AIM95\icbmft.ocm -> Worm.AimVen : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).::Report end
Cherry230,

Welcome to the forum, sorry for the delay in responding. I need you to do a few things please.

Run this free online virus scanner using Internet Explorer:
Kaspersky Online Virus Scanner

Next Click on Launch Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
  • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
  • Standard
  • Scan Options:
  • Scan Archives
  • Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan: Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
  • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
Post the log into your next reply.




Download Trendmicros Hijackthis to your desktop.
Double click it to install
Follow the prompts and by default it will install in C:\Program Files\Trendmicro\Hijackthis\Highjackthis.exe

  • Open HJT Scan and Save a Log File, it will open in Notepad
  • Go to Format and make sure Wordwrap is Unchecked
  • Go to Edit> Select All…..Edit > Copy and Paste the new log into this thread by using the Post Reply and not start a New Thread.
DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.


I need to see the Kaspersky report and a Hijackthis log please.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI