This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Dynamic Link Library

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Whenever I try to lauch explorer. firefox, email, indeed any application. I receive a pop up telling me that msi,n.exe - Entry Point Not Found (the first part changes depending on what application I'm trying to open) 'The procedure entry point IsThreadDesktopCompisited could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll' Once I click on the 'ok' it disappears and then application opens. As you can imagine, at start up there are about 20 boxes!! Does anyone know how to get rid of this and sort it? Many thanks in advance.
I haven't got a text book answer for you, but searching I have seen mention of an USER32.dll file, this is apparently a file intended for Vista, but sometimes gets added by another installation, and can cause such messages as yours, I suggest renaming it to USER32.dll.old initially if you find it there, they say delete, but renaming is safer as you can easily change it back without loss of the file, here is a guide about this:-
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969155

I haven't got a text book answer for you, but searching I have seen mention of an USER32.dll file, this is apparently a file intended for Vista, but sometimes gets added by another installation, and can cause such messages as yours, I suggest renaming it to USER32.dll.old initially if you find it there, they say delete, but renaming is safer as you can easily change it back without loss of the file, here is a guide about this:-
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969155


That appears t have done the trick!! Spent ages googling the message as well and found nothing that could help.

You my friend are a star! Thanks very much for taking the time to help.

:woot:
NP I'm just glad it was sorted as easy as this was lol, what I suggest is to run a few days or so with the file renamed, and if after that time there are no further issues, it should be safe to just delete it, but leaving it renamed wont hurt either.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI