I am installing the free version of the firewall. I'm not quite sure what these options mean:
[external image: Posted Image]
I'd like some decent protection, but I can't really tell which one would be better. I don't really expect to get attacked by 1337 haxxorz, but who knows… System resources are not really an issue right now, I have a pretty decent comp that can handle some load.
I'm using Windows XP Home 32-bit, with Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus.
Been a while since I installed Comodo, but as I recall the options are for the Behavior Blocker component of the program. I think I chose the Defense+ option. I like it as it tells me whenever programs are taking certain actions unless I've specifically allowed them.
I haven't used it for a long time, even then I found it too complex for my needs, but back then it installed the full version, then reverted to the free version, now you appear to have got Comodo Internet Security Pro, or at least it may of had the free trial option of the pro version, best advice I can offer as I haven't used it in a long time is go to the following link, it looks a bit dated, but it shows the shot you do further down the guide, so presumably you may of seen the other screens prior to this one, but it walks you through the install. http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/Comodo_…_User_Guide.pdf
Now what does concern me is what else you may be running, you must NOT break the 1 at a time rule, and that is you must only ever run 1 firewall, 1 anti virus and 1 anti spyware product running real time cover at a time, or they will conflict, you can have as many standalone scanners as you like but pause\exit real time cover of the same type before running those scans, I mention this because more and more anti viruses appear to be adding extra cover for these other threats as well, which means if your running another product using real time cover it could cause issues, so be aware of this when making your choices, hope this helps a bit anyway.
Thanks I went with Defense+.
I must say it's kinda weird having to choose options you have no idea about, then having to allow/deny a bunch of processes and connections that pop up and that you also don't have a clue about…
Thats the very reason I don't use it, don't get me wrong it's a very good firewall, but as you say most of the time you have no idea what is asking for what, so you could easily make the wrong choice (or at least not the most appropriate one), I consider myself fairly well aware of the big items asking to go online, I've used ZA for longer than I can remember, so I'm used to a lot of the names that ask to go online, but I recognise very few of the requests I see in Comodo, once it's set up I dare say it's much easier going, but far too involved for my liking.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI