This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Remove Programs from F:\

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently added a new internal hard drive because my old one is full. I cloned my old drive to my new drive. I would now like to remove programs from my old drive (F:\). Add/Remove Programs only accesses the C:\. Even when I right click the F drive in My Computer, select Properties>Disk CleanUp>More Options>Cleanup (under installed programs), only programs on the C:\ are displyed for modification. I also tried to use Revo Uninstaller: same issue– only accesses the C:\. Any suggestions? Jeff
If you cloned the data from the old drive to the new drive you no longer need any data on the old drive. You have made the old drive F:. Those programs you want to remove are just simply files on the drive anymore. There are two things you can do. One, open My Computer, open the F: drive and just delete the stuff. Two, and this is the recommended thing, is to open My Computer, right-click the F: drive and format it. This will completely wipe the drive clean. Everything you said sounds accurate, but I would like to just verify that you used some type of cloning software to make an exact duplicate of the old drive to the new drive? If you didn't, then there might be data on the old drive that you could lose if you follow my instructions.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI