Hi,
I have a Dell dimensions 5150 computer. I presently have a PCI ATI 3650HD graphics card. I have upgraded the PSU from 350 to 750 V.
Can I install an ATI 4980 card into this computer ?
Thanks for your help.
Jimmi39
I would post an educated guess that yes you can but what is the exact PSU model please?
With that info we can verify.
I would assume a 750 Watt PSU would have the proper PCI_E 6 & 8 pin leads.
Fan Dual 80mm slience bearing fan
Voltage 95-132VAC or 190-264 VAC switchable
AC input Frequency 50HZ/60HZ
AC input Current 10A res max. for 115VAC, 5A res max. for 230VAC
Ripple-noise 5A res max. for 230VAC
Operation temperature 0oC ~+40oC
Hold up time 16ms
Dielectric withstand Input to frame ground 1800VAC for 1 second
Power good signal Power on delay time 100ms to 500ms
power fail 1ms
Overload protection 150%
Connectors
Universal 20+4 Pin Main ATX Power Connector: 1
8(4+4) Pin + 12V Power Connector: 1
Peripheral Connector (4Pin for HDD, CD ROM etc): 8
Floppy Connector (4 Pin): 2
PCI-Express Connector (6 Pin): 1
Latest L-Type Serial ATA Power Connector: 2
Regards
Hi,
I can use a 2 X 4 pin to PCI-E 6pin adaptor for the second PCI-E connection, to get round the problem of needing 2 PCI-E connectors.
However, will the 4890 graphics card be PHYSICALLY able to fit, in to my Dell Dimensions 5150 case ?
Got a tape measure?
Card Dimension 12.5 x 24.6 X 4 cm (HxWxD)
And I would never use a Molex splitter on a 6 pin PCI_E.
Not sufficient power to run properly. Although it may work it will not work well. If you insist on trying the Molex line would need to be dedicated (no other devices on it). Although many manufacturers offer these adapters they are one of the worst ideas ever and are only offered as a marketing ploy. Damage to the card and the PSU is possible in the long run.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI