This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

System Startup Programs

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I keep getting the following message - today, every time I click "scan now" The program DLCXCATS has registered the executable rundl32C\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCXtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16 to run at System Startup What does this mean? I keep clicking NO. Should I do something else? Thanks
You don't mention what program is asking the question, would this be WinPatrol by chance ? But long story short, this appears to be perfectly safe, it would appear to be connected with a Dell printer, so it is not essential for it to run, and is quite safe to disable from the start up list, just depends if you want to use it's features, I don't know exactly what these would be in this case, but it can be anything like monitoring ink levels to checking for updates, if it were me I would just disable it in the start up, hope that helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI