The title of the error message is "RunDLL". It says:
"Error loading C:\Users\(my name)\AppData\Local\axakigej.dll
The specified module could not be found."
It won't stop popping up and started happening sometime after the April 1st thing. I didn't think i had the virus cause i had McAfee running and after the 1st, there didn't seem to be a problem. But now, the error message won't stop popping up. I've also scanned the computer with McAfee a couple times and it doesn't find any problems.
I also asked this on Yahoo Answers and got this:
"Error Window alerts you when a module, data or file is missing on the system or the program you are currently using.
In your case, axakigej.dll is missing, it is possible that it was deleted by your anti virus if it was damaged by a certain virus. And when that file is deleted your anti virus will now immediately consider that there are no problem or virus running since the file was already deleted.
This problem is usual since viruses now a days are capable of hiding as .exe or .dll files. Anti Viruses can't determine if the .exe or .dll is a necessary file or the virus itself. All they can notice is where and how these file affect the system. Thus, when they notice that this certain file is loading or causing a problem most of anti viruses will automatically delete the file before it damage more of the program files or system files."
So I'm convinced this is why it happens, the only problem is, the person that gave me that answer didn't tell me how to fix it. It constantly pops up even if has already popped up once. If i leave the computer for a while, I could literally see 20 windows with the exact same message. It disrupts my activites on the computer, whether it be playing a game in full view (where the screen returns to the desktop), or doing homework for school or something. Its really annoying and i need a way to stop it. What should I do and how should i resolve this error? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry to hear about your problem with the error popups. Looks like you have done some work already trying to track down this error.
Good work!
Yes, your error is about a application that wants that specific DLL in that specific location. Your antivirus app probly did deactivate/remove it because it was virus like or it was the real deal. Once it was broken, Windows is complaining about it. Windows doesnt know between a good app or bad one. Windows just wants a working app. Will nag you each time it trys to get that missing DLL
A quick check on the net shows there is no such DLL as axakigej.dll. You can almost bet it is a random collection of letters generated by some Malware once it got on your system.
You should take advantage of the Malware removal section of this Forum to have your machine checked over by the Experts to get at the remains of this infection.
Wait for a response by one of the Malware experts to lead you through what they need to see, What applications you might need. Please dont bump your own topic, for it might look like someone has gotten to you already.
If need be, you can come back to this posting after they have cleared you of Malware and can work on any Windows issues with you.
Hmm? Thats awkward. Before you replied I scanned my system with Windows Defender. It found a trojan and after asking around in the Live Chat, I deleted it. So far, that error message has not popped up since. I'm guessing you're right, it was a random collection of letters generated by some Malware. Thank you for the assistance anyways.
P.S. It was called Trojan:Win32/Hiloti.gen!A
Hi tonyrulz92
Despite that you deleted it, I would still visit our malware forum. Often, it is only the top
of the ice-berg you see. Absence of symptoms doesn't equal a clean machine.
Cheers
Despite that you deleted it, I would still visit our malware forum. Often, it is only the top
of the ice-berg you see. Absence of symptoms doesn't equal a clean machine.
Cheers
Wow, you're right. After one day, the exact same message popped up again.
Despite that you deleted it, I would still visit our malware forum. Often, it is only the top
of the ice-berg you see. Absence of symptoms doesn't equal a clean machine.
Cheers
Wow, you're right. After one day, the exact same message popped up again.