This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Viruses On My Computer?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

hello, Recently I've gotten an influx of new viruses appearing on my computer and it is concerning me. The problems with adware and spyware seem under control, but now I want to know which of these viruses are dangerous. Some can't really harm me, right? I don't know a lot about viruses, even though I'm decent with computers. Basically I just need questions answered by a generous person here on these forums :unsure: I use Norton Antivirus 2002, which is great because it detects all of the viruses. Yet, it can't get rid of them! Mainly I find out about viruses by security alerts, not system scans which are only recently turning up problems. When I go to the Symantec website for removal instructions I'm instructed to delete registry keys to remove the virueses, but often the key doesn't even exist (although Norton detects the virus) The descriptions of the viruses look a tad scary though and I just can't affort for my comptuer to be killed. So basically, I want to know how to better protect my comptuer (norton isn't quite doing the job in time) and remove these viruses entirely to remove the fear of my computer being overcome, either that or know which of these I should really worry about :( Here are the viruses that have been detected recently (past few months) on my comptuer, if that helps. trojan.sinkin html.redlof.A W32.Adclicker.G there are a few more, but my log files have been overwritten by the overwhelming number of alerts that the virus 'W32.Adclicker.G' has attacked C:\Program Files\syslaunch.exe The thing that alarms me is that this file can't be quarantined by Norton, and appears to have some bad effects of what I've found. There has been a security alert about 3 times today reporting it. Those are the three viruses that have been giving me the most trouble (IE security alerts) and I want to know what I should do about them! Thank you so much to any generous person who is willing to help! It would be greatly appreciated!