Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

unwanted Auto-tabbing issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kori

Kori

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

Starting in July my computer starting auto-tabbing out of programs, auto-tabbing through the page links and any blanks, auto-alt-tabbing through programs (alt-tab) frequently and randomly. Sometimes a couple of times in a few seconds,sometimes it stops after 20 minutes, other times it goes on for days. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all for a week and then it is back again.

I often have to hit Shift + alt to get programs to launch, change pages, or to click on links or just keep typing. There is no pattern as to program or what I'm doing. Sometimes it begins as I turn the computer on, other times, it happens after it's been left on for several days.

When this first started I thought the tab key was stuck or damaged, so I bought a new keyboard. This showed no change. I tried installing the program Alt-Tab Thingy in hopes it would somehow over ride the issue, that didn't help.

I have run numerous anti-spyware and anti-virus and computer cleaning programs, they all show nothing.

The anti-virus ones I have tried include:
McAfee
Panda
Spybot - Search and Destroy
SpywareBlaster
The Ultimate Troubleshooter
SUPERAntiSpyware

I have cleaned using:
CCleaner
CleanUp!
Advanced SystemCare
Glary Utilities

I have tried cleaning the registry with:
RegVac
CCLeaner
Quicksys RegCleaner 2009
Glary Utilities

I have run ScanDisk on every drive as well as De-fragmenting them multiple times, using the installed Windows Defragment as well as Defraggler and Smart Defrag.

I have searched and searched the Internet for any mention of this, but all I could find was some reference to gamers who installed BitDefender. I'm not a gamer, I'm a graphic designer and I don't have BitDefender. (http://forum.bitdefe...mode=linearplus) They didn't offer a solution in any case.

I ran HijackThis, here is my report: http://www.4shared.c...hijackthis.html

Does anyone have any idea of what could cause this or how to correct it? This is driving me insane and I can’t get any work done!

Thank you for any help or suggestions!

Edited by Kori, 16 October 2009 - 09:16 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:31 AM

Sounds like you have done a lot of troubleshooting.. My gut still tells me it is a hardware issue with the keyboard. So, let me throw this out there. What kind of keyboard are you using? PS/2 or USB? I suspect that you are using a PS/2 keyboard? And, I also suspect that maybe you replaced the keyboard with a PS/2 keyboard? My suggestion in any case would be to try a different interface then the one you are currently trying. i.e. if it is USB, try PS/2.. If it is PS/2, try USB. I also suggest that if you have a fancy mouse (one with more than 2 buttons and a scroll wheel), that your mouse may also be acting up, and that one of the buttons is stuck or something and that button is programmed to do what it is doing. So, try unplugging the mouse when the problem is occuring also. Lastly, I would also try disabling all third party applications for the time being and see if any of those programs are interfering. Click start -> run -> type msconfig and press ENTER. Select "services", click "hide all microsoft services," click "disable all." Click the "startup" tab, click "Disable all," and click OK. Restart your computer when prompted. See if the problem persists. Return your computer to normal mode by going back into msconfig, clicking the "general" tab, and select "Normal startup," when you are done troubleshooting.

Edited by appleoddity, 17 October 2009 - 08:33 AM.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 Kori

Kori

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

The old keyboard was a PS/2, but the new one is a USB. It's a Dynex Multimedia Keyboard - DX-WKBD. I have a Wacom tablet, I use the pen 95% of the time. The mouse that comes with the Wacom has a right and left click with a scroll button. Wacom Bamboo Creative CTE-650. I did try your suggestion of msconfig already. It made no difference. :( However, I did that several attempts ago, so I'll give it another try. Maybe some of the cleaning I've done since I last tried it may help?!? As luck would have it, today the computer is behaving. That is because my computer techie father-in-law is over. LOL The computer senses this and won't act up until he leaves! :lol: I wish I could figure out some pattern, otherwise I fear I may have to just re-format and with all my graphic programs and plug-ins, it would take me weeks to get back to work. Thanks for the suggestions!

Edited by Kori, 17 October 2009 - 04:10 PM.