This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Multiple tabs?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had this problem previously, but it seemed to clear up. If I have 3-4 tabs going, at times when I try to close one, suddenly I have multiple tabs opening on their own, first as blank tabs, then all a repeat of the one I tried to close. I've run avg free, malwarebytes, and adaware. I can't even close the main window. I have to go through the start to shut the computer down, and restart before it will stop. My husband has had to same problem on his user account, which I just found out today! Any ideas? All the anti-virus and malware programs find are tracking cookies I use Windows XP Media Center Edition, with SP3. The browser is IE7
Hi sinnead. Looks like you are having some significant problems. We'll hold off here until you get the all clear from the folks over in the malware forum. Once that's done, come back here if you still are having problems.
Hi sinnead,

You have unfortunately answered your own HJT log in the Malware forum. Malware fighters look for logs unanswered as if they see the log has a reply they assume another Malware fighter is attending to your post.

If you have not had a reply in 5 days, please post a gentle reminder here.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI