This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Random CPU Lag

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a problem with any game on my computer. I play WoW at about 60-70 FPS on average, and then all of the sudden it dropped to like 2-7 FPS this happened for about a week so one time I restart, I couldn't even open WoW, it said 'Unable to find video device' or something, so I update my drivers, restart, then WoW works, but the lag thing still occurs, it plays just fine until it happens, it happens every 10-15 minutes for about 1 minute, my computer was brand new 2 months ago, and worked perfectly fine until about a week ago.
The kind of symptom that you describe is very likely due to heat as a result of failure of heatsink or heatsink fan for your GPU Graphics Processing Unit solution. Since the machine is only several weeks old, the problem would best be returned to the seller for warranty replacement/repair. WOW has beautiful scenary/background graphic, but it is hardly the most demanding of games, online games, or MMRPG's, in terms of graphics processing demand. If you're having difficulty with WOW at this early point in your ownership, best get it fixed while warranty is still in effect. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI