Software
Stop 0x00007b
2 min read
judyr
Topic Starter
I'm receiving the Stop 0X0000007B error and it's asking me to run chkdsk /f. I am running Windows XP Professional. I cannot get past the blue stop screen. I have run the System Recovery disk and it doesn't help. I have tried to run Safe Mode and it won't work. I do not have the original Windows XP install disk. I believe it has been infected by a virus because the problem did not occur until an unknown website was accessed. I would GREATLY appreciate some help. Thank you!
judyr
Some info that I left out - STOP 0X0000007B(0XF9F0C640, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run Chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
Computer is a B & D Office special Impacta Series basic. There has been no new hardware installed or configurations. It is unknown if there was an electrical surge….. I'm helping a friend with this and according to other posts the problem appears to be the hard drive needs to be replaced?? Please give me your insight. Thanks a million!
Ztruker
I split your posts off into a separate thread.
Follow the instructions here to run chkdsk /f … How to run chkdsk from the Recovery Console, Windows Made Easy - Advanced
Post back with results please.
Follow the instructions here to run chkdsk /f … How to run chkdsk from the Recovery Console, Windows Made Easy - Advanced
Post back with results please.
judyr
I enter the admin password, it's not accepted; I try to leave it blank and enter, it's not accepted. How can I get past this? Thanks!
vishal_j
I split your posts off into a separate thread.
Follow the instructions here to run chkdsk /f … How to run chkdsk from the Recovery Console, Windows Made Easy - Advanced
Post back with results please.
even after running the chkdsk /r……problem still persist…same blue screen….how should i proceed further
Ztruker
The best thing to do is check to see if you have any malware: Go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.
Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: What To Do If You Have No Response In 3 Days?
Do not reply to your post there as the malware folks look for posts with no replies first.
Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: What To Do If You Have No Response In 3 Days?
Do not reply to your post there as the malware folks look for posts with no replies first.
rshaffer61
Description of stop error.
I would have to agree with Ztrucker to have your system gone through by the malware team first. Anything we do here may not do any good if you have a active infection.0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI