This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

HP Laptop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

does it really matter which is the master and which is the slave? I know i can't have 2 master Drives. Now I need to beable to dual boot the 2 OS on a HP Pavilion dv9700 laptop. Any sugestions??
There's not really any important difference between master and slave. A better terminology is "drive 0 and 1" or "drive A and B". For dual booting, it doesnt really matter, as long as your boot loader is properly configured to point at the right drive in the appropriate places. Unless the HDD capacity does not allow for it, I would just put both OS on one drive, and use the other one for data storage.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI