This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Uninstalling Vista on Multi-boot System

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there, I recently had a nasty trojan/virus on my computer that completely rendered XP useless. Since I did not have the XP CD with me, but the Windows Vista Upgrade CD, I upgraded to Vista but created a separate partition on the harddrive. With the help of this forum, I cleaned the XP part and now that XP is up an running fine, I wish to uninstall the Windows Vista and reformat that part of the hard drive so that I can acess it in XP. I did a basic search online and on microsoft's website but the directions for removing Vista are not clear and the steps that I went through that it listed did nothing. Hopefully someone here can help me, since I trust this forum. Here's is the basic info: I have two hard drives in the computer, but the second is soley as a backup and for storage of files - thus if it will help, I can remove this hard drive before I do anything. I also have all of my files from XP backed up on this harddrive. The main hard drive is in two partitions: C:/ is the one with Windows XP - it has 18.4 GB left of 61.8 GB E:/ is the one with Windows Vista - it has 121 MB left of 12.6 GB

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI