darbotic
Topic Starter
Yesterday my mom's computer was somehow infected with the Windows Police Pro malware while my daughter was using the computer. Of course it locked the system and I couldn't launch any executable program or folders. I tried to boot in safe mode with networking to download hijackthis and the system restarted on it's own. I then tried to reboot in safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration and normal and it didn't boot up at all…it gets to the windows logo and then reboots asking how windows should be booted. This is on a HP prebuilt with Windows XP 32-bit OS, I did have some programs downloaded and running for her like the Spybot Teatimer and Avast AV iirc. Any ideas? She's not sure where her windows disc is but i'm thinking of hooking her hdd up as a secondary to my computer just so i can transfer all of her important documents and pictures/music so they are all saved and then reformatting/reinstalling.