Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91679 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] windows police pro virus help please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 distorted

distorted

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

ok I figured out I have this virus. Im on a different computer than the one that is infected trying to figure out how to get rid of it.. when i start it up normaly i get the police pro pop up that tells me im infected and they want me to buy it but i cannot access or see anything else on my pc but the background picture.. i know little to nothing about computers and need some serious help please.. when i open it up in safe mode all i get is a black screen and still am not able to access anything on the pc.. PLEASE HELP! i cannot access ANYTHING.. i cannot get to my browser to download anything nothing comes up at all.. it doesnt allow me to see the start menu or any of the icons that are supposed to be on the desktop... when opened up in safe mode all i get is a black screen with safe mode written in all 4 corners and a service pack address type thingy in the top middle

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• Classroom Teacher
  • 14,755 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:56 PM

Hi , welcome to the forum.

To make cleaning this machine easier
  • Please do not uninstall/install any programs unless asked to
    It is more difficult when files/programs are appearing in/disappearing from the logs.
  • Please do not run any scans other than those requested
  • Please follow all instructions in the order posted
  • All logs/reports, etc.. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In notepad click format, uncheck word wrap if it is checked.
  • Do not attach any logs/reports, etc.. unless specifically requested to do so.
  • If you have problems with or do not understand the instructions, Please ask before continuing.
  • Please stay with this thread until given the All Clear. A absence of symptoms does not mean a clean machine.

You are not seeing the icons or Start button because something is blocking explorer from running. We will work directly with the infected computer if possible.

We are going to see if we can run Internet Explorer and some tools via the Task Manager so please follow these instructions exactly as posted.

Open Task Manager by presing the ctrl,alt,del keys at the same time
  • In Task Manager, click the Options button
  • check mark Always on Top
  • This will keep Taskmanager from disappearing when you click on anything else.
  • Using your left mouse button, click on the top blue portion of Task Manager and slide it down to the lower part of your screen so these instructions are visible.

In Task Manager
  • click file
  • click New Task(Run...)
  • type the following line into the open: field

iexplore.exe
  • click ok
Internet Explorer should open.

If Internet Explorer opens, please return to this forum and continue with the next steps.

It is important that you do not minimize you browser, taskmanager or the tool I'm going to have you download. If you do you will loose them and will need to start over.

Note: When you download this tool to the specified location, it will not be visible to you. We will launch it via the run command.

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below by
  • right clicking the link and clicking Save Target As
  • In the Save As window, using the dropdown menu set the Save In box to Local disk (C:)
  • make sure the filename is SystemLook.exe and the type is Application
  • click Save
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

Open Task Manager with ctrl,alt,del as you have been doing. (if you have closed it)
  • In Task Manager, click the Options button
  • check mark Always on Top
  • This will keep Taskmanager from disappearing when you click on anything else.
  • Using your left mouse button, click on the top blue portion of Task Manager and slide it down to the lower part of your screen so these instructions are visible.

Next
  • Holding down your left mouse button, highlight all the text in the codebox below.
  • Do not copy the word CODE , please note the script starts with the :
  • right click the highlighted text and choose copy
:filefind
explorer.ex*
:reg
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\explorer.exe

In Task Manager
  • click file
  • click New Task(Run...)
  • type the following line into the open: field

C:\Systemlook.exe
  • click ok
SystemLook should appear on your screen.
  • Right click anywhere in the white field and choose paste.
  • the text you copied earlier should appear
  • Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan.
Please post this log in your next reply.

If you loose the notepad before you can post the contents, you may retrieve it by copying and pasting this command in the Task Manager open box.
%userprofile%\desktop\SystemLook.txt

Please post back with the SystemLook.txt.

Thanks

Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroon
If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation Posted Image
Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Ignorance did, curiosity was framed.
Learn how to protect Yourself

Posted Image

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days.

#3 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• Classroom Teacher
  • 14,755 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:06 AM

Hi, Do you still need help with this? Thanks

If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• Classroom Teacher
  • 14,755 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:58 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread.

Posted Image