Hello every1.I am new to networking and i am trying to connect to the other computers i use in my house.Firstly the main computer is connected to the router via ethernet and the other two computers are connected wireless.I don't have much knowledge about connecting to other computers.I go to Network(on vista) and i can see the other computers connected to my network.Then i choose one of the two computers to connect and asks for password.I don't really know what to do next so please help
thx
The password being asked for is the Password for the User Account that you enter when physically boot and log onto that computer.
For instance on this machine it might be:
Doug
(password)
Keep us posted with your progress.
Best Regards
Machines will be able to access easier if all on the same WorkGroup.
When you access from one machine to another do you have the opportunity to type in the presently active Username?
Give that a try.
If no password exists, just type in the Username and then - Enter
Download, install and run either Home Net Manager or Network Magic. They will walk you through setting up all the computers. When done, if you like either software you can buy it as I have (Network Magic) or uninstall it. If you uninstall it, the network setup remains so you lose nothing.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI