This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Blue Screen Error - Memory

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an Acer Travelmate 220 laptop and yesturday it suddenly went black and then turned off. Now when I start it, it'll begin to load Windows XP but pretty soon after it displays the Windows logo and states that it's loading, the screen briefly flashes to a blue screen error message (it doesn't stay on long enough for me to read other than I see it states something about "physical memory"). Then it starts a "memory test" that the results are always that the memory is good. My options are to go to F2 or F12, which I have and I've tried starting the computer using the latest successful mode, safe mode, etc. with the same results. I did copy Memtest+86 to a disc (on one of my Dell computers), but I can't get it to come up on the screen to perform the test on my Acer. I've tried to change the settings so that it'll boot from the CD but I don't know if I'm doing this correctly. What is the correct proceedure to get my computer to boot from the CD? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated…..thank you!!
Just an update….. The blue screen finally stayed on my monitor long enough for me to read it. After stating that a problem had been detected and the computer had shut down, it gave some technical information (STOP: 0X00000024 and four other numbers in parenthesis). It states: "Beginning dump of physical memory" and then "Physical memory dump complete". I cannot get my computer to boot with a CD…..Windows XP still will not load. Please help…..Anyone??? Thanks!!
Ok…. Is no one replying to help me because….. :unsure: No one knows how to fix this problem… or…. :wall: Because it's been answered already on here (I have searched but I can't find a thread that addresses this exact problem) and it's a "no brainer" to fix…..I have to admit that I am not real computer literate! Please help me if anyone knows what I need to do….if there's another thread on here that will give me the answers, can someone post a link to that thread? Thanks so much to anyone who will help me!
No one has replied because there are only so many of us available and we are all volunteers.

Also, when you reply to your own post, it looks to others as if someone is already working with you, we look for posts that have 0 replies first, then others as time permits.

Let me see if I can get you started.

When you boot the computer, start pressing F8 as soon as you see the manufacturers logo. This will take you to the Windows Advanced Options menu. If there is a Disable Automatic Restart On System Failure, pick that.

Then on the next boot, you should get a blue screen (BSOD) error. Record the info and post it here please.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI