This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Today's active topics short-cut,

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello again, :wavey:

I have a suggestion regarding the Today's active topics short-cut that I'm sure is used quite often by both the Tech & Malware Teams.
I have often thought how concerning it may sometimes be for both teams when we are flooded with entries in the Malware & Tech side, and are all hands on deck.
How much does it slow things down to not be able to just click on the Today's active topics and see exactly what your after.


I have no idea as to what alterations would be needed, or do I know the site software limitations.
Maybe it is as easy as adding a separate link for Virus Removal and making the Virus Removal entries on the Tech Related link invisible, as I said, I have no 'web site design or programing experience'. Good Luck with it. :notworthy:


Just an idea. :popcorn:

Jkc73 :thumbup:
I didn't even know there was a "Today's active topics". Guess I need to check it out. :blush: Okay, I give up, where is it hidden?
Got it … pretty useless as far as I can see. Definitely need to split off the malware removal part though as it floods the stats.
We've had this discussion before. Previously it was noted that since a prominent column labels the Forum from which the Topic is taken, any user can easily scan through and find the Tech threads v Malware Threads. There is a certain amount of Board configuration overhead involved in making any changes to his feature. There would need to be a fairly substantial benefit involved before such a change was initiated.
I just use the unanswered topics feature in the Infections forum, and I have a log management system that opens up links to all my active logs anyway, so no real benefit for me I'm afraid. …And tech team can just wade through our malware topics if they want to see something useful from the new posts. :rofl: (Sorry guys, you know you're my friends)