I think there should be some kind of filter for new posts. I used to go to each forum to view topics but I find the View New Posts link better. However there is one big problem, for every one "normal" topic there's at least 20 Malware topics coming from the Infections/Removal forum. And since it's 1on1 help, and of course locked to anyone but malware helpers, there's no point in viewing these posts. If all of them could be filtered out, it would be a lot easier to actually see what topics I could help in.
Any type of filter would work, whether it automatically doesn't show them based on whether the user has posting priviliges in that forum, or if you can just sort topics based on what board they are from, and infections are put in the back.
I didn't even realize there was a View new posts capability. I just tried it and I see what you mean. It's overwhelmed by posts in the Malware forum. A filter or the ability to run it on a per forum basis would be nice.
I always access View Active Posts at the bottom, just above who is online.
I knew there was View New Posts at the top near My Controls - Are they one and the same? To find out I will boot up my other computer as I am stopped from opening both here by accessing WTT twice on this PC.
Edit: I am answering my own question, they are the same. I tried both again on the one computer and it shows them as the sameā¦.
Tallin, what are your thoughts on being able to filter the output?
For me personally, I like it as it is. The main reason being if I suggest an OP post a HJT log in the correct forum, it is easy to follow it up. I always update myself on what actually was wrong with the OP's system as it helps me to learn for one thing and know my suggestion to post the log was a correct one.
Ztruker,
I agree with Tallin and appreciate the list as it presently exists.
It is "easy enough" for me to browse and glance at the reference for Forum location where the post exists.
I can then "pick out" the ones that are of interest to Tech needs.
It also gives me a fresh perspective of how much work and how active our fellow complimentary Team mates are over on the Malware side.
If/when the number of Tech related fresh posts begins to rival the number of Malware posts, it may be useful to consider some filtering. I think it was a good suggestion offered by Vectris, but can't see "the need" at this point.
In the meantime, blessings on the hard working Malware folks.