This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

tired old hp 4700 notebook

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi guys, trouble free computing recently, but i have an old hp laptop which i only use for msn and skype, it has 512 ram and some freezing of the screen occurs do the powers that are all great here, think i would benefit and would it be possible to upgrade to 2gb. :scratch: I have read the hp manual and they say its a special ram (think thats just so i buy from them) thanks tuxedo
I suggest going to the ram makers sites and use the Configurator, they will tell you how much you can have, and offer you a selection of choices starting with the most recommended one, personally I use the Crucial site because it will scan your system and auto identify it which is great if you don't know what board you have, unfortunately it doesn't recognise every set up and can tell you to choose manually, but they guarantee the ram to work on the system using this, so thats what I would do, hope it helps.
Crucial System Scanner

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI