This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

NTLDR error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a HP Pavilion laptop that's say "NTLDR error hit CTRL+ALT+Del. When I hit it the lptp just resets. I tried to reinstall XP (I have originals and a generic copy) and when I got to format the partition its saying I have all these files thats not copied correctly. Is there a fix for this? Ohh I also have a windows 2000 boot disc. THANKS
The hard drive is probably bad.

Use the windows XP installation disc to get to the "recovery console."

AT the console, type chkdsk /r and press ENTER. Let the scan finish. If you see messages about windows replacing bad clusters the drive is failing.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI