According to this report, forum support by Microsoft is finishing from next month.
although support of Win 7 by way of critical updates continues for another 18 months until Jan 2020 and for 8.1 until Jan 2023
1 min read
According to this report, forum support by Microsoft is finishing from next month.
although support of Win 7 by way of critical updates continues for another 18 months until Jan 2020 and for 8.1 until Jan 2023
Thanks Paws, I held off on replying because I wanted other helpers to read it.
Thanks Ken, Yes I was pretty surprised when I read the article… it seems an odd business.
Thank goodness that sites like Whatthetech will still be offering forum support, for folks who need it!
Microsoft wants everyone on W10, and this is just another in their long line of ill considered attempts to force people on to that platform. Hang the bad customer relations that it's probably going to cause, or the number of people that may likely migrate away from Windows because of it.
It's a sad comment on where their priorities appear to lie these days.
While I understand that MS has discontinued support of Win 7, I'm now staring at my laptop that uses Win 7 Premium. ![]()
I'd like to go to Win 8.1 Pro…..is that preferred at this point?
I'm not a fan of the Win 10 O/S What issues will I encounter going to 8.1 vs 10? Will I lose all my progs and files if I don't back them up or will the new O/S install just overwrite the old and go in seamlessly? Inquiring minds want to know? ![]()
Thanks in advance,
Taz
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI