This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Master Boot Rebuild for Vista 64

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Casi.. What happens when you place your system in diagnostic startup mode? Click start -> programs -> accessories -> run -> type 'msconfig' and press ENTER. In msconfig, under the general tab, select diagnostic startup, click OK, and reboot when prompted. Reboot several times until you know for sure that Load error does not occur or if it does. This may disable security software in the process. You may not be sufficiently protected to be playing on the internet or downloading stuff via LimeWire. Please refrain from those activities. Once determining if the error occurs or not, return your system to normal startup mode with msconfig.
Ok, first of all let me thank you for telling me where the heck the "Run" button was because it was driving me crazy that there wasn't one after clikcing the "Start" button. Thank you! :thumbup:

Second, I set the system to re-boot in Diagnostic mode and re-booted three times. I did not get the error on any of those occasions. I reset to boot normally and the first two times I rebooted, I also did not get the error. However, on the third re-boot (because I just couldn't believe it was that easy) the error returned. So the problem isn't solved but hopefully this will help pinpoint it a bit.

Thanks,
Casi
Hi, Appleoddity. Haven't heard from you in a while. I'm hoping you're still willing to help me with my issue. I get the Load! Error every time I boot up my system and it is driving me crazy enough to be willing to refres the whole system. Help! Thanks, Casi
Hi… Yes, I've been very busy and only peeking my head in every now and then around here. It looks like there was some success running in diagnostic mode. However, because your problem is intermittent I was not satisfied if the problem was gone in diagnostic mode or not. Please reboot your system in diagnostic mode until we know for sure. If you can reboot your computer 10 times without the error in diagnostic mode then I would probably be mostly satisfied that this is resolving the issue. If that is the case, we can move on from there. I know it is time consuming, but if you really want to narrow it down, this is the way it is done. You have to be sure of what change is effective and what change is not. With an intermittent problem it takes a lot of tests to be sure.
Hi, there. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back but I finally sat down and dedicated myself to rebooting my computer in diagnostic mode. The error does not come up at all in diagnostic mode. I only get it in Normal. What do you suggest that we do from here? Thanks! Casi
Hi Casi, Congratulations of getting it fixed. Well done! :thumbup: As lots of folks may turn up this topic when searching for the solution to a similar problem they may have, it would be mighty helpful if you could post back with the steps you took that finally solved the problem for you. This way everyone benefits. Regards (and thanks in anticipation) paws
Upon suggestion of a Techie friend, I reloaded the drivers from the disk. My applications still do not launch from the start menu, still not sure why, but no more error at start up and that was driving me crazy!!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI