alfasf
Topic Starter
Hello to all,
this is my first entry to this forum hoping to get satisfactory and rapid response. The situation is the following I have this laptop Gateway MX6420 that got infected for AntivirusPro 2009, which was a Rogue infection hard to remove, of which I still believe I have remnants of it. This infection manifested in blinking desktop every 10-15 seconds, not running some windows applications, disabling networks, and not working Safe Mode properly leaving a black screen. In addition to the Gateway laptop, I use a desktop Emachines that is well protected with McAffee full protection, SpywareBlaster, and SpywareGuard, and haven't had manifested problems with malwares.
Note: Since I didnt have Internet connections enabled at this phase, I had to download the MalwareBytes and transfer it to my usb flash memory drive.
What did I do? After many attempts, I could solve it.
1. I run MalwareBytes in Safe Mode without installing library updates. Anyway, it run and finally solved all my initial problems. Now I have wireless connection in the laptop.
2. Immediately after I eliminated through MalwareBytes, I wanted to protect the same utilities installed on my Emachines desktop with few changes. First I did install SpywareBlaster that protects from installing malware. Second, I installed Avast instead of my licensed McAffee, and the next step was to install was SpywareGuard. From here it started all the problems again, Avast warned me many times with its noisy alert that Spyware brought spywares. I checked the delete option for each time Avast warned me about malicious threats. Finally in this step I installed CCleaner aspiring to get the malware removed.
Problems I face now
1. Firefox 3.5 and Internet 8 got the homepage hijacked changing for the following website track.moreniche.com/hit.php?w=155970&s=147, it all indicates these are symptons of RootKit virus. A note on the website, I found this appeared in the registry in HKU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main,
2. Since this moment I have been blocked from all valid virus protection and security websites such as Avast, AVG, McAffee, Spybot Search and Destroy, you got the idea. I cannot download their update their download database, etc. The worst thing is I cannot access microsoft updates and website. However, I can surf the web with other websites with no problem and with high speed in both IE8 and Firefox 3.5
3. Avast did become crazy by constant annoying alerts of such malwares but kept repeating showing the same infected files even though I deleted them or sending them to chest. Apparently Avast got corrupted from such Rootkit viruses.
Actions taken from me
1. I scanned MalwareBytes in Safe Mode-this time working well and normal- eliminated the results given, but at restart, still the problem persisted by not accessing such websites.
2. I uninstall Avast for all the complications described above.
3. From my non-infected desktop pc I downloaded all kinds of valid anti-spyware and removal tools to boot it in the laptop. Note: Some anti-spywares programs I had to run them in their simple forms since I could not download update library and accessing servers. All these anti-spywares run always showed the same rootkit, rogues and other adware results, but at the moment to fix them, it never solved the blocking websites.
4. To discard the possibility of firewalls, I proceeded to turn off Windows Firewall but still access to anti-virus servers were blocked.
My interest is to be able to unblock these secured websites and install my licensed McAffee program, or other of real high-standards without having to reformat hard drive and reinstalling software. I want to do this as last resource.
Thanks for your help and reading along this long description. Following I attached HJT log. If you need other logs, I can provide them as well by request.
Please I would appreciate any prompt response.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 02:30:16, on 8/3/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\System32\PAStiSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\OpwareSE4.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\WrtMon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\WrtProc.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonSolutionMenu] "C:\Program Files\Canon\SolutionMenu\CNSLMAIN.exe" /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] "C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe" /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE4] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\OpwareSE4.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WrtMon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\WrtMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SNM] C:\Program Files\SpyNoMore\SNM.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EasyLinkAdvisor] "C:\Program Files\Linksys EasyLink Advisor\LinksysAgent.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Messenger (Yahoo!)] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McciCMService - Motive Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: STI Simulator - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\PAStiSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom Wireless LAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
O23 - Service: Yahoo! Updater (YahooAUService) - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
–
End of file - 5733 bytes
this is my first entry to this forum hoping to get satisfactory and rapid response. The situation is the following I have this laptop Gateway MX6420 that got infected for AntivirusPro 2009, which was a Rogue infection hard to remove, of which I still believe I have remnants of it. This infection manifested in blinking desktop every 10-15 seconds, not running some windows applications, disabling networks, and not working Safe Mode properly leaving a black screen. In addition to the Gateway laptop, I use a desktop Emachines that is well protected with McAffee full protection, SpywareBlaster, and SpywareGuard, and haven't had manifested problems with malwares.
Note: Since I didnt have Internet connections enabled at this phase, I had to download the MalwareBytes and transfer it to my usb flash memory drive.
What did I do? After many attempts, I could solve it.
1. I run MalwareBytes in Safe Mode without installing library updates. Anyway, it run and finally solved all my initial problems. Now I have wireless connection in the laptop.
2. Immediately after I eliminated through MalwareBytes, I wanted to protect the same utilities installed on my Emachines desktop with few changes. First I did install SpywareBlaster that protects from installing malware. Second, I installed Avast instead of my licensed McAffee, and the next step was to install was SpywareGuard. From here it started all the problems again, Avast warned me many times with its noisy alert that Spyware brought spywares. I checked the delete option for each time Avast warned me about malicious threats. Finally in this step I installed CCleaner aspiring to get the malware removed.
Problems I face now
1. Firefox 3.5 and Internet 8 got the homepage hijacked changing for the following website track.moreniche.com/hit.php?w=155970&s=147, it all indicates these are symptons of RootKit virus. A note on the website, I found this appeared in the registry in HKU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main,
2. Since this moment I have been blocked from all valid virus protection and security websites such as Avast, AVG, McAffee, Spybot Search and Destroy, you got the idea. I cannot download their update their download database, etc. The worst thing is I cannot access microsoft updates and website. However, I can surf the web with other websites with no problem and with high speed in both IE8 and Firefox 3.5
3. Avast did become crazy by constant annoying alerts of such malwares but kept repeating showing the same infected files even though I deleted them or sending them to chest. Apparently Avast got corrupted from such Rootkit viruses.
Actions taken from me
1. I scanned MalwareBytes in Safe Mode-this time working well and normal- eliminated the results given, but at restart, still the problem persisted by not accessing such websites.
2. I uninstall Avast for all the complications described above.
3. From my non-infected desktop pc I downloaded all kinds of valid anti-spyware and removal tools to boot it in the laptop. Note: Some anti-spywares programs I had to run them in their simple forms since I could not download update library and accessing servers. All these anti-spywares run always showed the same rootkit, rogues and other adware results, but at the moment to fix them, it never solved the blocking websites.
4. To discard the possibility of firewalls, I proceeded to turn off Windows Firewall but still access to anti-virus servers were blocked.
My interest is to be able to unblock these secured websites and install my licensed McAffee program, or other of real high-standards without having to reformat hard drive and reinstalling software. I want to do this as last resource.
Thanks for your help and reading along this long description. Following I attached HJT log. If you need other logs, I can provide them as well by request.
Please I would appreciate any prompt response.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 02:30:16, on 8/3/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\System32\PAStiSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\OpwareSE4.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\WrtMon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\WrtProc.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonSolutionMenu] "C:\Program Files\Canon\SolutionMenu\CNSLMAIN.exe" /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] "C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe" /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE4] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\OpwareSE4.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WrtMon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\WrtMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SNM] C:\Program Files\SpyNoMore\SNM.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EasyLinkAdvisor] "C:\Program Files\Linksys EasyLink Advisor\LinksysAgent.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Messenger (Yahoo!)] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McciCMService - Motive Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: STI Simulator - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\PAStiSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom Wireless LAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
O23 - Service: Yahoo! Updater (YahooAUService) - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
–
End of file - 5733 bytes