This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

1st time builder needs help please!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just built my first computer, but I'm having some problems already. I can get it to turn on using the power button on my case, but not off. Also, my motherboard has no on board video and when I connect my video card to my tv using svideo I get no signal. Will the s-video not work until I install the drivers or should it work off the bat? Right now all I have is a tv to hook it up to, but I will be getting a monitor later this afternoon. Heres the specs on it: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model CORSAIR 750w TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply APEVIA X-JUPITER-JR G-Type X-JPJGT-BK Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive LG 22X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH22LS50 LightScribe Support
Good to see you back. Let us know if we can help further. Is this the result of your earlier search into a "rendering" machine? If so how is it working out? Are you pleased with the graphics?
So far its been working out great. I had a little bit of trouble when I put it all together, but no major problems. I've been able to run Rhino and photoshop at the same time with no hiccups, though for some of my large maya files I still have to close everything else I'm running. I was expecting to have to do that though so no big deal. You made some really good recommendations and I've sent my buddy here for help with his new build. Thanks so much!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI