This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

HP Pavillion dv4000 S L O W

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Appleodity, I have updated the files and saved them as .evt in the Zip File attached. Thanks, look forward to a reply

Attachments:

  • [attachment removed: Update_Zip_Application.zip]
Well, I definitely think I found an answer to your problem. But, I have three questions for you before deciding what to do. 1) Did you receive any virus warnings from your CA anti-virus tonight? 2) Are you running some type of peer-to-peer progam such as limewire, shareaza, bearshare, bittorrent, etc? 3) What is the model of your HP printer? Or do you use an entirely different printer, and what is the make and model if so? Thanks.
Appleoddity,

Thanks for the quick reply, here are the answers to your questions:

1) Did you receive any virus warnings from your CA anti-virus tonight? No, I did not

2) Are you running some type of peer-to-peer progam such as limewire, shareaza, bearshare, bittorrent, etc? No, I am not


3) What is the model of your HP printer? Or do you use an entirely different printer, and what is the make and model if so?
I have a HP PSC 1600 installed on it right now, I have not used it since I went wireless.
That printer has since died. I have now purchased a HP Wireless OfficeJet Pro 8500 and need to install it.


Thanks !
Well, that is excellent news. This is a perfect time to uninstall all that old HP software that is causing you a problem then. Let's go to add/remove programs and get rid of the following: Shop for HP Supplies HP PSC & OfficeJet 4.7 HP Extended Capabilities 4.7 HP Image Zone 4.8.5 HP Image Zone Plus 4.8.5 Hopefully that will get rid of the problematic service on your computer. Do that, restart the computer, and tell me how the computer is running. If it is still running bad, please post one more system event log again. There is an HP service that is causing you problems.
Appleoddity, I got rid of all that was posted, still takes almost 4 1/2 minutes for complete start up with all loaded. I have updated the files and saved them as .evt in the Zip File attached. Thanks!

Attachments:

  • [attachment removed: Dec_8_Application_System_files.zip]
Everything looks clean to me now. I don't know what could possibly be causing you to have 4.5 minute startup times. THe only other thing I find questionable is CA anti-virus. Have these lone startup times been happening since before this thread or did it start during this thread? Maybe posting a new PCPitStop test will help me out. 4.5 minutes seems absolutely ridiculous and I don't see anything in your event logs typical of this problem. If the PCPitStop tests don't reveal anything, I am going to have to send you to the malware removal forums because something is significantly wrong there. Malware is likely at this point, and I see potential problems with CA anti-virus that might be related.
I'm not seeing anything at all to cause such a significant startup time. Like I said, CA Anti-Virus has what could be considered a "huge" footprint on your system, but unless it is that, I see nothing else to question.

I do see a couple of weird things that are in both of your PCPitStop reports, and leads me to think that even with all those scanners you have that you may still be infected with something.

Its kind of a shot in the dark, but I think you need to take a visit to the malware removal forum and have your system checked for rootkits and other malware.

Please read here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…rs_t106388.html

And, post a new thread here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Infections_Removal_f27.html

You can include a link to this thread for reference. Once your system has been checked and given the all clear you may come back here and we will dig deeper.
Okay, Thanks, I will look at posting there. Also on the PC Pitstop report, it says I need to update some drivers? Is there a way to get some help on that and find out where to download them? I have never done that before
Hi worklifenobalance, Before you take the step to head over to Infections Removal, there are a couple of things to consider from your PCPitstop. I'll have a consult with Appleoddity and see what he thinks. Best Regards, Doug
Hello worklifenobalance. I have considered and reviewed a few other aspects of your system that could be potential problems. However, because we are going to get a bit more extreme with our suggestions shortly, it is important that I verify no malware is at work on your computer. Please continue on the current path of posting a new thread in the malware removal forum. Please post back here once you have been given an all clear. Doing so will also give us tech members a better insight into the configurations of your computer. Once you come back here, we will proceed with a couple more extreme suggestions that I personally feel will fix your problem but I'd like to make sure we don't put you at more risk at the moment if there is a malware infection. Please post ASAP because they are very busy and the sooner you get posted the sooner this will get resolved. Thanks.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI