This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Laptop slow

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I hope someone can help me with a problem I've been having for a while. My laptop has become inexplicably slow, primarily when clicking on links or going from webpage to webpage. It will sometimes take several minutes to link up to a page. And often, the computer freezes for a few minutes, before resuming working order, but again at a snail's pace. I tried cleaning my hard drive and system and checking for malware, but it didn't seem to do the job. There are other odd things that happen, such as the occassional never ending barrage of browsers opening up, but if I can fix the speed of the computer or navigating through the internet, I will be satisfied, as I can deal with the other issues. One thing of note, as it may have something to do with the slowdown, I get an occassional (a couple of times a week) note that my virtual memory is low and the computer will make adjustments. If anyone can offer any hints as to what is causing this or how to repair it, I would be forever grateful. Thank you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI