Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Laptop slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Euge

Euge

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:04 AM

Hi, I hope someone can help me with a problem I've been having for a while. My laptop has become inexplicably slow, primarily when clicking on links or going from webpage to webpage. It will sometimes take several minutes to link up to a page. And often, the computer freezes for a few minutes, before resuming working order, but again at a snail's pace. I tried cleaning my hard drive and system and checking for malware, but it didn't seem to do the job. There are other odd things that happen, such as the occassional never ending barrage of browsers opening up, but if I can fix the speed of the computer or navigating through the internet, I will be satisfied, as I can deal with the other issues. One thing of note, as it may have something to do with the slowdown, I get an occassional (a couple of times a week) note that my virtual memory is low and the computer will make adjustments. If anyone can offer any hints as to what is causing this or how to repair it, I would be forever grateful. Thank you.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:42 AM

Hi, I see you have a topic open here:
http://forums.whatth...575#entry544575
and it seems to be about the same or a similar issue.
Please continue in the above topic and follow the directions provided by Ztruker.
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Euge

Euge

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

Hi, I was away the last couple of weeks and just got this email. Thanks for that. I'll check it out. Thanks again.