This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] trojandownloader:Win32/Renos.IO

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

I am getting random audio tracks and a Windows pop-up that says I have trojandownloader:Win32/Renos.IO. I have seen the other posts of previous people wit the same issue, should I follow the steps in [Resolved]trojandownloader:Win32/Renos.IO and paste in the logs etc? I am running Vista 64 bit.

Thank you very much for the friendly help environment that I see here.

PS : Plese excus ethe typo in the heading, that should have said 'Kaspersky hasn't removed it'
Hi, and :welcome:

It's never a good idea to follow someone else's fix as every operating system and computer is different….you have a 64bit OS

You need to do this:


Download OTSto your Desktop
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Double-click on OTS.exe to start the program.
  • Check the box that says Scan All Users
  • Check the box that says 64 bit
  • Under Additional Scans check the following:
    • File - Lop Check
    • File - Purity Scan
    • Evnt - EvtViewer (last 10)
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Please attach the log in your next post.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI