Software
Looking for a similar program to Panda USB and AutoRun Vaccine
2 min read
EnigmaChick
Topic Starter
Since Panda USB and AutoRun Vaccine doesn't work on NTFS formatted drives I am looking for a similar program that does. If not there isn't one what can I do manually to achieve the same thing? I have read some similar things about registry entries but feel uncomfortable following them without knowledge from someone more knowledgeable in this area.
Abydos
Hi
In the very link you post, it states that it is updated to work on NTFS systems.
Cheers
In the very link you post, it states that it is updated to work on NTFS systems.
UPDATE June 19, 2009: New version 1.0.0.50 released with NTFS support.
Cheers
EnigmaChick
Thanks for bringing that to my attention
. I checked the readme file and support for NTFS is experimental and they suggest it should be used on ones' own risk. Therefore my original question is still relevant for me currently.
paws
Hi EC good to see you here again. I hope things are going well for you
I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing you are after, but have a look anyway
http://antivirus.about.com/od/securitytips/ht/autorun.htm
As a malware fighter you won't need me to mention that you should back up your Registry before even thinking of firing up regedit…but I'll include the recommendation for other readers of this thread ( Erunt is good for backing up the Registry
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
All good wishes
paws
I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing you are after, but have a look anyway
http://antivirus.about.com/od/securitytips/ht/autorun.htm
As a malware fighter you won't need me to mention that you should back up your Registry before even thinking of firing up regedit…but I'll include the recommendation for other readers of this thread ( Erunt is good for backing up the Registry
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
All good wishes
paws
Ztruker
Reading through the entire Panda article, I found this
Xavier, "Computer Vaccination" works on NTFS. It is only "USB Drive Vaccination" that works on FAT/FAT32 currently. However keep in mind that the vast majority of USB drives come preformatted in FAT/FAT32 anyway.
EnigmaChick
Reading through the entire Panda article, I found this
Xavier, "Computer Vaccination" works on NTFS. It is only "USB Drive Vaccination" that works on FAT/FAT32 currently. However keep in mind that the vast majority of USB drives come preformatted in FAT/FAT32 anyway.
Thanks for the info but that is still a problem as my flash drive and external drive(soon) will be NTFS formatted. I will be using a fairly new flash drive that does not currently need to be formatted soon and it is formatted as one of the FAT systems but I wanted a solution that covered all the drives I wanted to use, including my DVD drive as I realised a little later.
However I have already seemed to have resolved this issue via the registry and have not encountered any side effects from doing so, thanks to all of you for the help!
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI