Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

hide my ip

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hello Are there any trusted programs to hide my ip for free? I have found programs but don't know if they are safe. Thank you

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hi Peter,

VPN Services (virtual private network) or Proxy servers.
You can choose either of these methods but quality costs.

There are plenty of free anonymous proxy servers around, but they have bandwidth and reliability problems and should never be relied upon.

Unfortunately, it is not technically possible to always hide the public IP address of a home network. An IP address enables devices to locate and communicate with each other on the Internet. Completely hiding the IP address of a device would render it invisible but also unusable online.

http://compnetworkin...deipaddress.htm

Cheers,
Lee

PS: I'd advise against using free software to hide your IP, as from what I have read they are Junkware and Nagware. Sensible cookie management, good security on my browsers and email program is all I ever use. Hiding an IP is impossible as you will be on someones server. Big brother can always find you :lol:

Edited by Lee, 31 July 2012 - 04:45 PM.

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Is it true that my personal ip address is not seen when on a router, in a homenetwork and using an ISP? I read the ISP's address is seen so my general location is known but not the specific ip address. I read your referral and advice and it is better not to hide the ip or to use a proxy. I do not want to get into speed issues neither the inability to connect to some sites. A firewall, a/v program, malware program, Windows updated, router, and common sense surfing if any, will hopefully result in a somewhat safe environment. Thank you

#4 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

Is it true that my personal ip address is not seen when on a router, in a homenetwork and using an ISP?
I read the ISP's address is seen so my general location is known but not the specific ip address.

Is my network infrastructure visible outside of my wireless router?

Cheers,
Lee

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#5 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

Pretty tricky stuff. I guess I am as safe as the next guy shy of a proxy.

#6 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

this might be what your looking for peter.

https://www.torproject.org/

:popcorn:

#7 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Operator YAPO is another, older one I found. Are there drawbacks to Tor like rally noticeable speed or any other major drawback?

#8 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

sorry peter i don't use tor so can't say if there's any drawbacks to it but the one time i tested it, everything seemed to work well enough. :popcorn:

#9 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

I was persuaded it was an over kill but thank you.

#10 john04

john04

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

I use dynamic proxy with encrypted SSH tunnel connections of <<Content Removed>> , it works good with any browser on Windows or Linux. I'm not on the same server all the time, because the list of servers is constantly updating. There is a tunnel created from my computer to external proxy servers, so no one can read what I'm doing in the internet exactly.

Edited by Doug, 05 October 2012 - 06:16 PM.
Discussion of use of P2P related activities is not permitted in these Forums.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

The above post has been EDITED because it posts a link to unapproved software service related to annonymous use of P2P applications.

Forum Terms of Use:
We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#12 iphonex

iphonex

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

Hide IP platinum can hide your IP address and protect you from any websites.

#13 sam87

sam87

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

# Peter1

Hi Peter,

If you are using a proxy to hide you ip address, beware that not all proxies hide your ip the equally. Some offer only partial anonymity i.e. They only hide your identity partially. For examples, many proxies will replace your IP with their proxy IP address, but the proxy also inform the site that you are visiting that you are using a proxy. Most websites will behave differently if they *know* you are using a proxy even if your IP address is hidden. A high anonymity proxy will hide your IP address, but additionally the website you are visiting will not know you are using a proxy, and thus they will believe that your fake proxy IP address is your original IP address. Always check anonymity with proxy test. Anonymity level is important. Always use a high anonymity proxy that hides you identity completely.

#14 sahanas

sahanas

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

Hello
Are there any trusted programs to hide my ip for free?
I have found programs but don't know if they are safe.
Thank you

You can hide the ip address easily using the hide ip address software.You can search in Google and Download it.You can also use the proxy server to hide the Ip-address...It hide the original ip address and display fake ip address.You can check ip-address before and after hiding ip at Ip-Details.com it shows location and details of your ip address..

#15 sam87

sam87

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

Hi,

you can try VPN software, i know one, what is for free now, then you can try it and see ...Free VPN software is this one ... ;)