This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

hide my ip

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Are there any trusted programs to hide my ip for free? I have found programs but don't know if they are safe. Thank you
Hi Peter,

VPN Services (virtual private network) or Proxy servers.
You can choose either of these methods but quality costs.

There are plenty of free anonymous proxy servers around, but they have bandwidth and reliability problems and should never be relied upon.

Unfortunately, it is not technically possible to always hide the public IP address of a home network. An IP address enables devices to locate and communicate with each other on the Internet. Completely hiding the IP address of a device would render it invisible but also unusable online.

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/working…deipaddress.htm

Cheers,
Lee

PS: I'd advise against using free software to hide your IP, as from what I have read they are Junkware and Nagware. Sensible cookie management, good security on my browsers and email program is all I ever use. Hiding an IP is impossible as you will be on someones server. Big brother can always find you :lol:
Is it true that my personal ip address is not seen when on a router, in a homenetwork and using an ISP? I read the ISP's address is seen so my general location is known but not the specific ip address. I read your referral and advice and it is better not to hide the ip or to use a proxy. I do not want to get into speed issues neither the inability to connect to some sites. A firewall, a/v program, malware program, Windows updated, router, and common sense surfing if any, will hopefully result in a somewhat safe environment. Thank you
Operator YAPO is another, older one I found. Are there drawbacks to Tor like rally noticeable speed or any other major drawback?
sorry peter i don't use tor so can't say if there's any drawbacks to it but the one time i tested it, everything seemed to work well enough. :popcorn:
I use dynamic proxy with encrypted SSH tunnel connections of <> , it works good with any browser on Windows or Linux. I'm not on the same server all the time, because the list of servers is constantly updating. There is a tunnel created from my computer to external proxy servers, so no one can read what I'm doing in the internet exactly.
The above post has been EDITED because it posts a link to unapproved software service related to annonymous use of P2P applications.

Forum Terms of Use:
We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.
# Peter1

Hi Peter,

If you are using a proxy to hide you ip address, beware that not all proxies hide your ip the equally. Some offer only partial anonymity i.e. They only hide your identity partially. For examples, many proxies will replace your IP with their proxy IP address, but the proxy also inform the site that you are visiting that you are using a proxy. Most websites will behave differently if they *know* you are using a proxy even if your IP address is hidden. A high anonymity proxy will hide your IP address, but additionally the website you are visiting will not know you are using a proxy, and thus they will believe that your fake proxy IP address is your original IP address. Always check anonymity with proxy test. Anonymity level is important. Always use a high anonymity proxy that hides you identity completely.

Hello
Are there any trusted programs to hide my ip for free?
I have found programs but don't know if they are safe.
Thank you


You can hide the ip address easily using the hide ip address software.You can search in Google and Download it.You can also use the proxy server to hide the Ip-address…It hide the original ip address and display fake ip address.You can check ip-address before and after hiding ip at Ip-Details.com it shows location and details of your ip address..

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI