Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Banned From #privacy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nekton181

nekton181

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 01:25 PM

To anyone who knows me from the night crew over on #privacy for some reason one of the ops just banned my ip address. I am not sure what I did to have that happen. I was asking about aluria and some spyware on a win98 machine I had found. What did I do? :( nekton

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel

CEO - Chief Elvish Officer

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 02:44 PM

I'm looking into it and I can't see any bans..... Can you try again and tell us the exact message you get ?
I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel

'The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

#3 nekton181

nekton181

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 03:33 PM

I am all better now. :D Looks like I somehow got into the wrong channel on the wrong server and *they* banned me fromt *that* channel. I am going to debug this and figure out what I did wrong. thanks again. :) nekton

#4 Zero

Zero

Not really Less Than One ;-)

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach.

Posted 12 November 2003 - 04:24 PM

Depends. We told a guest to identify himself and he didnt so he got banned then he left. That was at like, 11:30 pm
Posted Image

#5 nekton181

nekton181

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 05:47 PM

Zero, I was on then last night and remember that. Guest was asking a lot of questions about cws. My problem occurred just prior to my posting (so early afternoon of 11/12). I am quite sure it was operator error. Just need to back track what I did. nekton

#6 brindle

brindle

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:02 AM

I just registered so hello everyone What is the #privacy being dicussed here?

#7 Unzy

Unzy

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:05 AM

Hi brindle, That's Tom (Coyote) and Mike's chatroom on irc (irc.dixiesys.net) Cheers,

#8 brindle

brindle

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:08 AM

Unzy Thank you