This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Greetings from an almost total idiot

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.



Hello everyone,

I came upon this site whilesearching for help with a problem re Bios, changing cache, etc. etc. I'm not at all computer savvy although I wish I were.

I've been retired for quite a few years and my main job now is being a grandmother. However, I do love using a computer but seem to have the total opposite of a "green thumb". If there's a way of misusing a computer I'll find it. Currently, I have 3 computers:an old clunker, a Dell Inspiron notebook & a Lenovo notebook all running on windows XP. Hope you will be patient with me as I shall have many questions and most likely be asking them in a newbie language.

Thanks for having me. Wish I could be a helper and a giver instead of a taker, but I can offer help in translating English-French & vice versa if that can be of use to someone

I love making DVD's of my travels and setting up websites for my friends but don't even have a personal blog as yet. someday soon, as they say in Les Miserables.
Hi jocelysue :wavey: And welcome to this great site, if I may say so. English and french, Canadian perhaps? Anyways, hope you'll find the solution(s) you are looking for. Once again; :welcome: Regards
:welcome: jocelysue. You'll find that the vast majority who come here for help know less than you. I think we all feel as if we are clueless at times and the more you learn, the more you realise how little you know, (if that makes sense)! Anyway, you are at a great forum with lots of friendly, helpful people, so have a good look around and enjoy. Kind regards, Satchfan