Hello,
I'm having a heck of a time getting my laptop to perform correctly. It's main issue is hanging up while trying to access wesites.
I've deleted cookies and tempory internet files and run adaware. What should I do next?
John
Hi JJJ, welcome to WTT (we love acronyms here).
First need some information.
1. Make and model of computer
2. OS (XP or Vista, 32 or 64 bit)
3. Do you use a Wireless Router or does the modem supplied by your ISP support wireless directly?
4. What software is managing your wireless connection?
5. Is this a new problem or has it always been this way? If new, what changes did you make around the time it started happening.
Thanks
Thanks for the reply and the welcome. The answers to your questions are:
1) Dell Inspiron 1520
2) XP Home Edition
3) I have both computers hard wired to the modem, but it is also a wireless modem.
4) Whatever came w/ computer
5) New problem, but I didn't do anything I know of to cause issue. Isn't that what we all say?
I can go to www.msn.com, but once there only some of the links work. I can log into my hotmail (MSN) account, but cannot log into my gmail account. When I go to http://mail.google.com.mail/ it just hangs (trying to load) there. I finally will have to go Task Mgr to get rid of screen, except this last time where it closed after 10 seconds.
John
Applyoddity,
I downloaded IE8 and it seems to have done the trick. This is truely a GREAT site. Everyone here seems to give complete directions, not assuming that I know this or that (cause I don't).
With several other threads I seem to have picked up my machines performance as well, because it is flying.
I genuflect in your general direction!
John
I'm glad it solved your problem JJJ.
Although, I wasn't really pointing you at that thread to "download and install IE8." In fact, some users are having trouble with IE8, such as the one in the thread I linked to.
Rather, I wanted you to perform the reset procedure to disable toolbars and add-ons. This would work with IE7 also. I should've been more clear.
Anyways, the problem has been resolved, and that is good.
If you continue to have trouble, let us know.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI