This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE hangs when trying to access certain sites

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello All: I recently had an issue where my computer was infected with adware, trojan.vindumonde virus. I ran symantec antivirus which deleted the affected files. I then Adware Doctor, (trial version) and it found some registry settings that were affected and some other files that were still affected with trojan virus. Since I didn't have a full version of the adware software, i went ahaed and deleted the registries manually (the ones that were found to be affected). Deleted cookies, cleaned up the history, rebooted. Now I cannot access some sites, IE just hangs when accessing: . hotmail.com yahoo.com google.com - i can get to google but i can't search for anything whatthetech.com - even trying to go to this site hangs from my desktop. . Some sites do work still. . I have found some forums on this , and tried everything and nothing seems to be working. . I also installed Ad-Adware SE Plus, and that comes out clean (it did find 4 objectes that were affected but it deleted those).. Now it's clean… Can anyone suggest anything else to try here :) Thanks, Skaps
Hello, I would suggest that you ask the malware experts here to check your machine. They can instruct you on using Hijackthis to see what is in your registry. Please do this first, as I believe the malware experts can fix your problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI