i read and printed this, I was just wondering a few things about it.
http://www.whatthetech.com/2009/05/30/how-…m-security/2009
I was wondering should I run the malwarebytes scan in safe mode? If i am not in safe mode I can't seem to run anything.
To kill the processes you mentions do I just ctrl+alt+del and end that process if I see it? WIll that stop that process forever?
Also it says to delete certain registries how do I do that?
And finally the files you are talking about do i just do a search for them and right click and click delete on it?
I am new to this and don't wanna pay a couple hundred for someone else to do it for me.
Thanks for any help offered.
Hi and Welcome,
First lets see what's really going on with your computer, then we can take it from there.
NOTE: Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the job is complete, you can be certain that I will advise you when the computer is clean. Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Please DO NOT run any scans or fix items without my direction.
Please do the following:
STEP #1
Please download
DDS and save it to your
desktop.
Disable any script blocking protection Double click dds.pif to run the tool. When done, two DDS.txt's will open. Save both reports to your desktop. —————————————————
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:
DDS.txt
Attach.txt .
STEP #2
[external image: Posted Image]
Download
GMER Rootkit Scanner from
here or
here .
Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop. Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent . If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan…click on NO .
[external image: Posted Image]
Click the image to enlarge it
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following … Sections IAT/EAT Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\) Show All (don't miss this one) Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish. Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in reply.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries
Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.
If you need help please start a new thread and post a new HJT log