This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Malwarebytes disabled and KillThisSiteT

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hope this is the right forum to post this post… Hi, Okay, I have the following programs that I use regularly: McAfee virus scanner + firewall, Malwarebytes, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Ad-Aware. Talking about Malwarebytes here: I updated the program last night and a new item came up and that's when I decided to come back here and ask about this item. I've already done the virus scanner, Spybot, and Ad-Aware and all those came out clear with nothing wrong. Malware lists 1issue that I'm completely unsure about. Can I just quarantine the KillThisService item? Thanks for any/all help. I appreciate it! :) Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.39 Database version: 2421 Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 7/24/2009 5:17:26 PM mbam-log-2009-07-24 (17-17-18).txt Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|) Objects scanned: 142104 Time elapsed: 24 minute(s), 26 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 0 Registry Values Infected: 1 Registry Data Items Infected: 0 Folders Infected: 0 Files Infected: 0 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Values Infected: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WaitToKillServiceT (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken. Registry Data Items Infected: Folders Infected: (No malicious items detected) Files Infected: (No malicious items detected) I'm not sure what to make out of the KillThisService thing. For all I know it might be bundled in with another protection program and it might be a good thing? I'm totally not sure. Edit: Sorry about the incorrect subject. Dunno why I have 'site' on the mind instead of 'service'. I'm not sure how to edit the topic?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI