This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Hello!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hey.


I found this forum in a pretty funky way; my father wished for me to fix his computer (I'm no computer-whiz, but he thinks I am simply because I have very basic e-knowledge), so I drove over to his house and attempted to fix it up via HiJackThis.

This fake-virus-protector thing had once popped up again, and to boot, it blocked the internet (You can imagine how fun it was to get to this site. I had to use my Playstation 3 Internet Browser to get the main information, but I had to copy+paste and try each page about 30 times to get to the Fix-Yourself page, haha.).

I couldn't get it removed perfectly so I attempted to click the "AnalyzeThis" button, and choose this site from the window.

Anyways, I managed to fix it and remove it fully, but I noted all of the other helpful tips and such on this site, so I suppose I'll have to fully fix up both his computer and mine.

In short, thanks for all the help. I'll be sure to stick around here for awhile, haha.




P.S. The "This Article" link doesn't work anymore here; http://forums.whatthetech.com/So_how_did_I…ace_t57817.html .
:welcome: Ultima_Weapon.

The link works OK on my computer, so I think it must be a problem your end.

You probably have a few things hanging about that you might not be aware of, as abscence of symptoms does not mean your computer is Malware-free.

I suggest you use the link below to get some expert help from the Malware Team. It is not advisable to follow threads by those who appear to have similar problems, as every "fix" is unique to that particular computer. Having said that, you seem to have doggedly persevered, good work so far but do get help from the experts:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html

You've joined a very friendly and helpful forum, and I'm sure you'll enjoy using it when your computer problems are sorted out. There's a lot to read and learn here.

Good luck with yours and your father's PCs.

Kind regards

Satchfan